To all the girls in the world who dare to dream
Our Moms´ dedication to their work and to us, their children, inspired us to write this book.
Growing up we understood that women could and should pursue any career they want.
We wanted to share our story with all the girls in the world and inspire each to pursue your passions and to dream big.
Unless you have dreams, they cannot come true!
"Every child should read this book so that as they grow up they realize not only their own potential and promise, but also that of the women around them!"
Uzma Samadani, MD-PhDAssociate Professor of Neurosurgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MNAANS/CNS Joint Section on WINS Past-President
"This delightful book will certainly make you smile and it may even bring a tear to your eye when you discover the unthinkable...that little girls can become neurosurgeons too."
Jennifer Sweet, MDAssociate Professor of Neurosurgery, Case Western University, Cleveland, OHAANS/CNS Joint Section on WINS President
Alister and Reece with their mom, Odette A. Harris, MD, MPH. Professor of Neurosurgery at Stanford University. Standford, CA
Lucia and Maria with their mom, Isabelle M. Germano, MD, MBA, Professor of Neurosurgery, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, NY (NY)
We gratefully acknowledge the women neurosurgeons and scientist who translated our book:
- Arabic: Prof. Najia El Abbadi (Rabat, Morocco)
- Chinese: Tzu-Chi Tseng (Taipei, Taiwan)
- French: Prof. Souad Bakhti (Algiers, Algeria)
- German: Prof. Martina Stippler (Boston, US)
- Italian: Prof. Isabelle M. Germano (New York, US)
- Japanese: Prof. Yoko Kato (Nagoya, Japan)
- Portuguese: Prof. Nelci Zanon Collange (São Paulo, Brasil)
- Russian/Ukraine: Prof. Svitlana Lytvak (Kiev, Ukraine)
- Spanish: Prof. Barbara Nettel (Ciudad de México, Mexico)